Top Five Reasons Fire Suppression Systems Fail
Fire sprinkler suppression systems are common in commercial and becoming more common in residential. Top five failures for fire suppressions systems:
- Improper maintenance – most common: faulty pumps, failing suppression material supply.
- Typically, in hotels or apartments tenants hang a coat hanger on the sprinkler head.
- Influx in pressure to fire sprinkler system.
- Crack or break in the plumbing lines.
- System shut-off. This is the cause for nearly 2/3 of fire suppression system failures.
It is important to regularly get your Fire Suppression System checked. Four times annually is the recommended amount that it should be inspected.
Regardless of the fire damage source in your home or business, SERVPRO of Encino/Sherman Oaks is there to support and educate you during your loss. Fire remediation and repair pose many questions and concerns depending on the nature of building materials burned. Our senior project managers are well trained in the science of combustion byproduct cleanup. SERVPRO of Encino/Sherman Oaksclaims managers will be designated to be your liaison between you, our onsite team, and the insurance carrier to make sure your home is restored to its preloss condition with all appropriate post clearance testing, city inspections, and most importantly our customer satisfaction form signed by you our client when we hand back the keys to your home.